Friday, April 26, 2013

THE AWAY ROOM
 
This year at the DC Design House, I thought I'd try our take at an attic/guest bedroom space.
 
This room had a lot of potential at first glance and immediately I had the perfect proposal!
 
I call this space THE AWAY ROOM.  It was envisioned for the lady of the house, (or really whomever)  looking for a place to curl up with a good book, take a lazy weekend nap, or just a place to reflect and be.
 
We started with a stark Attic bedroom.  The natural light was great and the existing carpet wasn't too bad either. The existing lighting left something to be desired (that's an easy fix).


Before Photo #1




Before Photo #2




I thought this would be a great space/opportunity to showcase our superior craftsmanship and add built ins surrounding a twin bed under the window. Given the ceiling challenges, I thought a subtle stripe would "fool" the eye.  The beautiful Robert Allen Fabrics really complete the coziness of the retreat.  Once again my Case Craftsmen never cease to Amaze me!

{TADA!}


No comments:

Post a Comment