Tuesday, July 9, 2013

CAPE MAY CALLING...

Matt, Colby, and I were so fortunate enough to spend this past 4th of July with wonderful family in Cape May, NJ!!!  I always come back feeling well rested and energetic!


{Blanket and the Sand, my kind of Beach Day}
 


We couldn't have asked for more; 4 perfect days of beach weather (I finally feel as though I have got some summer color) great food, great company, and to shower outside everyday...there is nothing better!



{If an outdoor shower made sense in Arlington
I would have one in a heartbeat}
 
 
I also got to poke my head in the Cape May Design House on Washington Street.  Turns out that Carole and George, (my in-laws) are good friends with the owners of this year's Design House, they are a lovely couple from Falls Church in fact.  I got to sneak in (2) photos before the volunteers politely asked me to put my camera away.  Such a charming home!

{Loved this chair in the dining room of
the Cape May Design House, it was explain
to me the back was made from old suits}
 
 

{Guest Bedroom at the Design House, typically I don't like white walls,
but I love the coziness of this room}
 
As we prepared for the 4 hour drive back late Sunday evening, this was my last view of the beach!

{Always so Hard to leave}
 
 
The Trip wouldn't be complete without swinging by the Lobster House on the way out of town for some yummy seafood to go.  It's always nice to bring home goodies that leave me feeling as though I am still on vacation the next day!


{Pretty sure I could live on BBQ CLAMS}
 
 
{Lobster Mac N Cheese}

Until Labor Day Cape May...

No comments:

Post a Comment